Sunday, December 2, 2012

C4K: The Month of November

C4K #7- Special Edition
The blog I was assigned to was made by Dr. Paige Vitulli and Dr. Susan Santoli and they kept us, students at the University of South Alabama, updated on their trip to Ireland. Unfortunately, I was given their very first post to comment on and all it said was: "We have created this Blog to share our journey through Ireland in October."

Here's the comment I left Dr. Vitulli and Dr. Santoli:

Hi, my name is Michael Morris and I am a student in EDM 310 at USA. I think it is really great that you took the time to blog about your trip to Ireland. I'm sure that you learned a lot about the country and I hope that you had a great time. Thanks for blogging to keep everyone in the College of Education updated on your trip!

C4K #8
I was assigned to comment on Laycee R's blog for this C4K. Her most recent post was a short one about a book she read called "The Witch of Blackbird Pond". She explained the plot of the book in which a girl moves from Barbados to the United States to live with her Puritan aunt and uncle. She said she thought the book was "just ok." Expert analysis right there folks!

Anyways, here's the comment I left Laycee:

Hey Laycee! The book you are talking about, “The Witch of Blackbird Pond”, sounds really interesting. What made it just okay? Was it written in a boring style? The plot that you described sounds like it would be a good book. Comment back!

P.S. Your blog is really good. keep up with it more if you can!

She actually commented back, which I was very excited about. Here is what she wrote:

Well I don’t really like to read about the Salem Witch Trials. Also it never got to the point. It was a long book!

I commented back to her but have yet to see the comment approved. Apparently Laycee hasn't checked in on her blog in a few weeks. Nevertheless, this is what I wrote:

Oh! I didn’t realize it was about the Salem Witch Trials. Over time I've actually become more and more interested in that time period. Those people were crazy back then! Also, I know what you mean about a book never getting to the point. It sounds like every book I was ever assigned to read for class. Hope all is going well and I’m sorry that it took so long to get back to you!

C4K #9
This blog was probably one of my favorites to comment on all semester. The blog was made by Charlie who is in an IB World History class at Robertsdale High School. He was assigned a blog post and his prompt was:

World War II. Possibly one of the most deadly battles in the history of the world. Could it have been even more deadly (or fun for the soldiers) to have lightsabers? If there was this type of technology back then, this is what the war would've been like…….

Northwestern Football Player Holding Lightsaber

So, I totally love this teacher. Charlie went on to analyze the war and how it would have changed with the use of lightsabers. He concluded that with the use of lightsabers the war would have had the same, or possibly more, amount of deaths. I recommend reading this post, it was fantastic. 

Here's the comment I left Charlie:



I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. First off, I love the prompt you were assigned! It makes for a great post. I like how you even brought up how Jewish people would be able to defend themselves. They could even form somewhat of an “underground army” to try and overthrow the concentration camps. It is an interesting thought, sadly it didn’t happen. I’ll be sure to keep checking in on this blog and I hope to see more interesting posts! Keep up the good work!

P.S. What other kind of movies do you like? You seem to know a good bit about Star Wars. I have hope in your generation! Haha.

Sadly, he didn't comment back.

C4K #10
I was assigned to comment on Ms. Nelson and Ms. Yim's blog that they created for Daphne East Elementary 4th grade. The post that I commented on was a slideshow presentation that they made about a recent "Fun Run" that they have annually at the elementary school.

Here is the comment I left them:

I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I thought that the pictures you posted were wonderful! The kids looked like they had a great time. What does the fun run help raise money for?

Sadly, they didn't comment back.

No comments:

Post a Comment