Monday, November 12, 2012

Blog Post #12

QR Codes in the Classroom
  1. View Karen Ogen's QR Codes and Ideas for Using Them in the Classroom Presentation. Ms. Ogen created this presentation for the Reading Council of South Carolina to show educators how to use QR codes in the media center and with literacy. The presentation has been updated to include examples of using QR codes with all curriculum areas. 
  2. Pick 1 idea from the presentation for your area of specialty to create in Google Drive and embed to your blog.
  3. Send Ms. Ogen (@karenogen) a thank you Tweet. Include #edm310 in the Tweet so I will see it. 

Now Do It!
I am specializing in history, so I chose to do the QR Calendar from Slide 16 using Google Spreadsheet.
  • Put QR codes on a calendar to make an interactive "this day in history" calendar


Scan the QR codes with your smartphone to view what happened on that day in history. 
If you do not have a QR code reader app on your smartphone:
If you do not have a smartphone, download QuickMark for your PC or Mac

1 comment:

  1. Dear Michael,

    This is a really neat idea! I loved that you went outside of the box in order to show how we can use a scanner. I think that it would be fun for the students to be able to do this. We all know how we are with our smart phones! If we can use them we will. I think that this would be great for what I came up with, which was making your own personalized app. We learned so much in this class that it was difficult for me to actually think of something! I really like how you explain how to get the scanner on every technological item we have to. Makes it a lot easier for people who have no idea where to get it. This was a really great blog post! Thanks for the idea.

    Courtney Block

    ReplyDelete